Tuesday, November 28, 2006

On Global Warming

About a week ago I saw a film on global warming called An Inconvinent Truth with former US vice-president Al Gore. It is a documentary with Gore giving a lecture to a group of College students on global warming and it's effects on the planet. Of course it is filled with news footage and clips showing the effects.

Among some of the findings are the increase in natural disaters such as hurriances,typhoons and cyclones. The polar ice cap is melting and the country of Greenland faces danger of literally dividing and drifting into different parts of the ocean. Bodies of water such as Lake Chad evaporating and mountain areas turning into desert. Not to mention how much green gas are in the air.

I'll admit with it being a political figure giving this lecture I took it with a grain of salt. I also took into account that there is a political agenda involved. However, a lot of statements and facts found made complete sense. I also have to admit I have been somewhat environmentally conscious for some time.

Even if half the stuff in the film is true it serves as a wake-up call. I'm not ready to become a treehugger but it is made me more aware. I also recommend renting the movie as it has some good points and answers quite a few questions especially about weird weather patterns that we get these days.

No comments: