Sunday, May 28, 2006

A Hot Sunday

I got to attend Summit Community Church this morning. I have been attending for the past month and pretty much made it my home. The service was good and the message hit home as it was about commmunity. It was part of a series on relationships. The pastor explored the topic from a different angle. Instead of the usual we must unite and be one he used the family illustration. Like how we fight with our family way more than we fight complete strangers. Also, the issue of sin was bought up and how their is a need to confess sin the church in order to bring unity and healing within it. There is the need to remember that we are all sinners and need to welcome those who haven't been saved into the fold.
The weather today is abnormally hot for this time of year but I can't complain as I would rather have six months of this than a single day of winter. Although the humidity can be draining and the haze doesn't look that nice. At least it reminds me that summer is around the corner which I'm looking forward to.
Not really at lot going on this afternoon as I'm just doing some homework and just chillin for the most part. It's one of those you just help but become lazy but at least I've accomplished the things I wanted to for today so I get the rest to myself. As well as keep cool in the process.

1 comment:

J.P. said...

Welcome to Blogsville Jay.
There is a special light in you that gets brighter all the time.